
My friend Rhonda is an attorney and mediator, and to help launch my free web site evaluation service, I asked whether I could use her site as an example; she kindly agreed! Rhonda and I will be working together over the next few days to evaluate her current web site: her needs for it and how it's performing for her.
Rhonda has already answered the evaluation questions I posed in my last post, and I've developed a list of areas that I'll address in my assessment of the site:
- Function: Does the web site perform its function / fulfill its purpose?
- Emotion: Does the web site inspire the appropriate emotions in viewers?
- Clarity of Design: Is it easy to read, easy to navigate, and intuitive to use?
- Brand: Does the site maintain and promote the business’ brand and is that brand consistent throughout?
- Content: Is the content clearly written, concise, and appropriate?
- Attractiveness: Is the web site attractive? Is its theme and style suited to the brand of the business?
- Uniqueness: Does the web site offer something that can’t be found elsewhere?
- Search Engine Friendliness: Is the web site easy to find with appropriate search terms? Is it seeded with the right keywords; does it contain the right meta data and titles?
Check back soon! Ideas are percolating already.
No comments:
Post a Comment